Jaffar Express rescue operation ends! All 33 terrorists killed
ISPR DG says 4 FC personnel martyred, efforts underway to track terrorists who fled to nearby areas
Imtiaz Ali Abbasi
Mar 12, 2025
Photo: file
Stay Connected, Stay Informed - Follow on Whatsapp for Real-time
Updates!
The Pakistan Army,
along with the air force, Frontier Corps (FC), and Special Services Group
(SSG), has successfully completed a high-stakes rescue operation against
terrorists who attacked the Jaffar Express near Bolan in Balochistan.
The operation resulted
in the elimination of 33 terrorists, while all hostages were rescued in a
phased manner, according to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Director
General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry.
He told a private news
channel that the terrorists derailed the train around 1am on March 11,
targeting civilians in a brutal act of terrorism. Tragically, 21 passengers
were killed due to their brutality. Security forces swiftly launched a recovery
operation, conducting it with utmost skill and caution to ensure maximum safety
for the hostages.
“Targeting civilians
on roads, trains, and markets cannot be allowed,” DG ISPR stated, reaffirming
the military’s commitment to eliminating terrorist threats.
Also Read: Jaffar Express
rescue almost complete; 30 terrorists killed
During the initial
operation, four FC personnel embraced martyrdom while bravely fighting against
the militants, however, he said, no soldier was martyred during the clearance
operation on Wednesday. The bomb disposal squad was deployed to inspect the
train for any potential explosives.
Security forces also
revealed that the terrorists had been in contact with elements in Afghanistan.
While most militants were neutralized, some managed to flee to nearby areas,
and efforts are underway to track and eliminate them.
According to railway
authorities, there were 440 passengers on board the train when the attack
occurred. Despite the difficult terrain and the terrorists using hostages as
human shields, security forces executed a well-coordinated operation, ensuring
the rescue of a large number of passengers.
The military
spokesperson declared that the attack has changed the rules of the game,
signaling a decisive shift in how Pakistan tackles terrorism. He said that
during the operation, suicide bombers were specifically targeted after which
the hostage passengers scattered to seek safety.
Also Read: China condemns
Balochistan's train attack
The terrorists had
divided the hostages into three groups, each of which included a suicide
bomber. However, the Pakistan Army executed the operation with precision,
ensuring that not a single hostage was harmed.
"These terrorists
have no connection with Islam, Pakistan, or Balochistan," the ISPR DG
stated, reaffirming the state’s determination to hunt down anyone involved in
such heinous acts.
DG Chaudhry also
condemned the Indian media’s misleading reporting, stating that within minutes
of the attack, false narratives were being spread to manipulate the facts.
Also Read: US condemns
Jaffar Express attack, pledges support to Pakistan
Earlier, according to
security sources, 190 passengers were safely rescued, and 30 terrorists killed
during the resuce operation. They said that a large number of hostage
passengers, including women and children, who were being used as human shields,
were rescued.
Reports indicated
earlier that suicide bombers among the terrorists were using women and children
as human shields to deter security forces, leading to extreme care and caution
in the rescue mission.
Meanwhile, a relief
train for the 40 more released hostages at the Panir railway station has been
dispatched from Quetta, as an operation remains underway to reclaim custody of
the train taken hostage near Mushkaf. It is said that security personnel were
also on board the train.
· latest
· latest news
· latest samaa
· latest pakistan
· Jaffar Express
attack
· Pakistan Army
operation
· security forces
rescue
· terrorism in
Pakistan
· DG ISPR statement
· Balochistan
train attack
· Jaffar Express
hostages
·
Pakistani
security forces